Roy Starrin

Default Insulating pocket door openings???

My 1950s era house has mostly pocket doors in it. Some are rarely
used; some, never. I looked at these and figured that lots of
heat/cool air being blown into living spaces is in fact, escaping
through these 2" openings. I got some white colored tape, last year
and covered the openings. Barely noticeable, but the tape eventually
gets unsticky and comes off. Looking for Version 2, I am considering
fitting some 2" X 1/4" removable trim which I could paint, fit on the
end of the door and which would cover most of the hole. Ideally some
sort of spring clip could be fitted top and bottom so that I could
snap it on the door, and easily remove it when the door was used.
Alternatively, I could screw it to the door, which would make it less
"portable".
Now, am I tilting at windmills? Is there a better method? Anyone
know of some clips that might work?
TIA
Roy