Kent McPherson

Default Well pressure switch

Well I appreciate all the posts to my question. Here's a couple of
clarifications. I measured the pressure at the gauge that is built-in. It
is before the water softener which I do have. I realize the 30-50 readings
are fairly standard. It could simply be a case of not knowing what to
expect from a well compared to a city water system. This is our first house
with a well. The water pressure is low compared to the city pressure and I
think I'm hearing that is normal. I'm thinking I'll just call the company
that put in the well pump/pressure tank and have them come check it out.
This house is 8 years old owned by only one previous owner who didn't do
much of anything in terms of maintenance. Maybe there is no maintenance to
this kind of system but might be worth a service call to get someone to look
at it and tell me it's OK.

wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:08:07 -0500, "Kent McPherson"
wrote:

I have an Aermotor T12-75 well pump with pressure switch. I have no
documentation on it. Our water pressure seems low. I assume it should not
be
as good as our previous house that had city water but it does seem a bit
low. Watching the pressure gauge, the pump cuts in at 30 and then works
it
way back up to 50 and cuts out. The pressures sound about right. The
house
is 8 years old and I doubt if the system has ever had any maintenance. Is
there any I should have done to hopefully improve the pressure?

Folks coming from municipal water systems are usually unimpressed with
the standard 30-50 well system. Municipal systems are usually 60-80.
(at least that is what it was in DC when I was there)

BTW when you see those GPM figures on shower heads and faucets, that
is X GPM @ 80 PSI. On a 30-50 well system you get a fraction of that.
Got a friend in Canada?