Jumpster Jiver

Default freezer door pops open

FearlessFerret wrote:
Again, not a Q strictly related to electronics but this group is the
closest fit.

I have a GE GTS22KCMBRCC (top-freezer) refrigerator. After a couple of
months it developed a minor but annoying habit: when the main
compartment door is closed firmly the freezer door pops open. I don't
have a problem cultivating the habit of closing both doors at once but
I've got two absent-minded school age kids and they're not picking up on
this.

How do I go about diagnosing or fixing this?

/ff

I've always wondered about why this usually DOESN"T happen.
Is the magnetic gasket dirty, wet, corroded?
Do fridge/freezers have some sort of air bladder to equalize the
pressure and prevent one door from swinging open when the other is slammed?
If so, maybe this device is stuck/frozen/blocked, or otherwise
malfunctioning.