Upscale

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Three

"BobS" wrote in message news:qc1ef.1843

I place more stock in what users say here about a product than any

magazine
review. After awhile, you read some of what the magazine authors write

and
you have to wonder if they were even in the same room with the product
they're reviewing.

I have to agree with you on this. By the very nature of the magazines
wanting to stay in business and trying to increase their stock at the same
time, they have an unspoken bias to give a good review in most cases. Giving
too many bad reviews will directly affect the willingness of tool
manufacturers to provide them with new products for evaluation. That's not
to say that all magazines adhere to this bias, but I feel that most of them
do.

As well, most magazines reviews test a product to see if it does what it's
supposed to do. There isn't the time or effort put into the long term usage
that the professional or home owner would subject a tool to. From my
experience with tools, most times I've found something wrong with a tool,
it's been by accident, not because I was looking to find something wrong.
That usually only happens with repeated usage of a tool, not a one or two
times evaluation.