Greg G.

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Three

DonkeyHody said:

Greg G. wrote:

For years I've heard the mantra "UniSaw, UniSaw", as if nothing else
could compare to the end-all and be-all of cabinet saws. But like all
things contrived by the mind and hands of man, it, too, has it's
shortcomings and it's share of design compromises. Only fools blind
themselves to truth - and in doing so, adore the Emperor's new cloths.

I'm not blind to its compromises. I just always assumed they would be
there and I don't let them detract from my enjoyment of the tool, since
they don't detract from my use of the tool.

A disclosure of fact is not an expression of disappointment.
Some of my favorite machines also possessed their share of blemishes.
While I may regret the labor needed to polish over some of them, at
least I/they/you know what to expect.

The difference is, not one
single person has ever claimed that a previous report was tainted by
sour grapes, or implied a personal vendetta. Sacred Cow indeed.

Did I imply that? I meant to imply merely that you are too hard to
please.

Some previous respondents have implied as much.
Critical? Possibly, but I also try to be an educated consumer.
I've seen some pretty sorry stuff wrapped in shiny boxes and hype.
I'm really not trying to rag on it. It's sitting out there isn't it?
But there is some pretty stiff competition out there as well.

And I've been on the receiving end of some pretty venomous spew over
the years while representing various manufacturers.
My all time favorite is "Do you know who I am? How dare you deliver
this product to my home when it doesn't even match my drapes..."
(From the wife of an elected official.)
Money/Celib Status hardly ever equates to Common Sense.

Trolls? Sock Puppets? Have I hit a raw nerve of insecurity?
(Rhetorical questions - no need to reply.) g

I think the nerve that was struck was yours.

You could be right to some degree. Having my motivations
misunderstood is somewhat exasperating.

Not trying to rattle your rivets, Dude!
Saw On!

Greg G.