F. George McDuffee

Default Update on machinist trainee

snip
I did clearly state, in those posts, that I was guessing it was due to
unions, not that it was a fact. I based that on my own extensive
experience over the past 20 years, and more specifically over the past
10 years.
In addition, when the responses were provided that stated they were not
union related overhead, I simply stated that I found that interesting.

snip
A small troll ---

Which leads to an interesting observation. Unions exist to
improve the wages and working conditions of their members.
Corporations exist to usefully employ and increase the capital
entrusted to them by the stockholders.

While neither group has been particularly successful when
objectively assessed in the aggregate over the last 20 years, it
appears the leaders of the Unions are doing a far better job for
their stakeholder than corporate management is doing for theirs.
The rate of increase in compensation for corporate management
seems to have far outpaced that of the union leadership.

Uncle George