Jan Flora

Default Waterproofing for work gloves?

In article ,
"ameijers" wrote:

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
"DanG" wrote in message

What trade and why are you wearing gloves?

I am cutting/handling large heavy wet wood logs in Oregon where it

rains,
rains, rains. Also various construction work outside.

So wearing gloves to keep hands warm, protect hands from "wear and

tear",
and when using a chainsaw I use special chainsaw protective gloves which

are
not waterproof and will get wet - then my hands get cold.

It doesn't get real cold around here (maybe 20's sometimes, rarely in

the
teens) , so typically leather gloves will work if they are dry. Rubber
gloves are too thin (cold) and I don't think they would last more than a

day
with me wearing them. (I wear out gloves quickly.)

They make very tough neoprene gloves on a fiber
base that will last a long time. They are not
thin. I've used them as a young man working as a
laborer-- shoveling, digging trenchs, carrying
iron, etc. Never had one tear. I'm not talking
about those thin things that allow you to feel a
or the president on a dime.

I've had luck wearing the disposable latex gloves inside the real work
gloves. Hands stay clean and dry, other than a little sweaty.

aem sends...

Sprinkle some baby powder inside the gloves before you put them on.
It makes them easier to peel off, too.

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.