Ray L. Volts

Default SV2000 VCR Noise When Not Playing

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message
3T39 wrote:

Hello, Indu!
You wrote on Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:02:44 GMT:

If I understand correctly, the VCR is OK playing tapes but
intermittently loses the broadcast signal when not playing a tape. If so,
then the previous poster is right I would first suspect the power supply
to the tuner. If the noise happens whilst playing a tape, then thats a
bit more complicated.

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail:

That's sort of what I was thinking - maybe a ripple in the supply or
control voltages to the tuner. The main filter caps would probably affect
all functions but maybe it's a ripple on one supply voltage.
Or maybe a bad tuner or tuner control circuitry.

Or as simple as a bad solder joint at the tuner module.