Asimov

Default Eprom Eraser, how to build

"Chris Jones" bravely wrote to "All" (13 Nov 05 15:06:55)
--- on the heady topic of " Eprom Eraser, how to build"

CJ From: Chris Jones
CJ Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:348423

CJ I tried eresing EPROMs in the sun, in Australia (i.e. proper
CJ sunlight). From what I can remember, it took more than a week. That
CJ makes me very scared of looking into one of those eraser tubes which
CJ can do it in minutes. PCB resist uses longer, less dangerous
CJ wavelengths. Chris

Okay, thanks for the heads up on that one. I'd like to be an eprom on
an Australian beach any day, as we're headed for winter here soon. In
the early 70's my roomy fell asleep under a tanning lamp. The skin was
as red as a cooked lobster's and then peeled off in swatches for days
after that. Not a pretty sight that lady was.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Anyone not wearing 2,000,000 sunblock is gonna have a REAL_ BAD_ DAY_7