DogP

Default Toshiba Rear Projection Convergence board problem

Hey,

I had a post about a problem with a rear projection 24KHz RGB monitor
from a Waverunner arcade game (old topic was "50" Mitsubishi Rear
Projection Help"). Anyway, after looking at it, I noticed that it's
actually a Toshiba, but I'm unsure of the model (it's missing the back
panel where the model number should be). I'm starting a new topic as
the original problem appears to be solved, and this is more of a
specific problem now.

I had problems with the monitor not staying on, and it ended up being a
problem with the convergence board. I found an opened resistor at the
-15V line on the convergence board, which is a 2 ohm (appears to be a
1W) resistor. I don't have an exact replacement, but I have lots of
other low value resistors, which I hooked up to get within the 5%
allowed of the original resistor.

Anyway, now it comes up, but the convergence is WAY off. This model
has no manual pot adjustments, so I guess I have to adjust it all
through the menu. I do have the remote, but it doesn't seem to be
allowing me to change any of the convergence manually. It'll let me
change size and position, but when I follow the instructions for
adjusting convergence that I found online, it just sits there doing
nothing.

You can see a pic of how bad it is he
http://dogp.home.comcast.net/waverunner/DSCF0741.JPG

and a picture of the convergence board he
http://dogp.home.comcast.net/waverunner/DSCF0745.JPG

and a picture of the chassis he
http://dogp.home.comcast.net/waverunner/DSCF0671.JPG
and: http://dogp.home.comcast.net/waverunner/DSCF0672.JPG

I also pulled the convergence adjustment pages out of the manual and
they can be found he
http://dogp.home.comcast.net/waverunner/convergence.pdf , in case any
of you guys recognize the adjustment procedure from other Toshibas, and
have seen a similar problem.

Does anyone know why when I hit the adjust buttons, nothing happens?
Would it be something with the new resistor I put in, or would
something else be blown, or is there some sort of protect switch or
something? Searching the internet for Toshiba convergence problems
seems to pull up a lot about the output transistors on the convergence
board, would that make it unadjustable and way out of adjustment, and
would it seem possible that all three colors are not adjustable?

So far, I've tested all large transistors on the convergence board, and
none are shorted, and I've tested the outputs of the remote, and
they're good. Any other ideas of what to check?

Thanks,

Pat