Andy Hall

Default 20 ways to loose money on your house...

On 26 Jul 2004 09:27:12 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

John Rumm writes:
I managed to miss tonights program with "the boys" (was watching Top
Gear instead and did not notice is was on until too late!).

AOL

Hence was wondering what their suggestions were going to be for things
to do to devalue your property. SWMBO and I guessed that stone cladding
and avacado bathroom suites would be there somewhere in the list, but
what else did they have to say?

Yes, did anyone watch it?

(Carpets in bathrooms are another. I was also suprised to see that
the Guardian list had laminate floors as a no-no. Quite suprising,
given their popularity. We hate them ...)

I didn't watch this (I have better things to do), but the list is
unsurprising

- the obvious (such as structural fixing)

- things that were once fashionable and are no longer (artex and
coloured bathroom suites) - wait a few years and they will be back

- old chestnuts like animals which may or may not offend the punter

- yuk things like carpet in the bathroom, laminate floors and pine.

I am dubious as to how many of the minor ones really affect property
value, though. Turn off if there are choices of other properties,
perhaps.....

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl