Hawke

Default LEST WE FORGET

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
If "they" wern't over here and we weren't over there, would there
be a problem, and if not does this suggest a possible solution?

GmcD

Seems ridiculously simple, if they and we minded our own business we could
do away with an awful lot of fighting. But as simple as that sounds it's
never going to happen as long as the US continues to have war after war
after war. We have a lot of excuses for why we are going to war so often but
by now they are pretty shopworn. I suppose when one country spends as much
on it's military forces as the rest of the world combined like we do you
can't blame it from using it at every opportunity. There is also never
going to be any way for us to forget the dead and maimed veterans because we
keep making more of them. Just think, if we were like some of the European
countries that haven't fought a war since WWII, by now we would have a hard
time remembering it. But like I said, we keep making more wars and more
veterans so it'll be impossible to forget.

Hawke