galaxi

Default Wall/Cavity ventilation brick and cover

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:59:30 GMT, wrote:

It doesn't sound like a cavity (which these days should be unventilated) or
underfloor vent. Is it ventilation for a fuel burning appliance. If so it
must be left. (BG monstrosities excepted).

That's the thing though, we don't have any fuel burning appliances in
that room. There's an oil boiler in another room, but that's adequated
ventilated anyhow so no problem there.

Judging by the effort it too me to remove the cardboard backed inner
grille (completely sealed around the edges with a thick layer of
paint) it had been blocked for some years anyhow from an airflow point
of view.

There is no gas mains near the property so it's never been on gas, so
I'm left wondering why the vent was put there in the first place as
it's obviously not served any useful purpose for years now.

Bearing in mind all the above, presumably that means it's safe to
block it up?

(There's an unused fireplace (and hence a chimney) in the room so that
helps from a general ventilation/moisture point of view).