Bernie Hunt

Default Construction Adhesive on Plaster

I've starte remodeling my den and took down the wonderful 1970's foam beams
from the ceiling. Unfortunately they were attached with construction
adheasive. The bond of the adheasive to the skim coat of plaster on the
ceiling is stronger than the skim coats adhesion to the plaster, so it's
peeling off the skim coat.

Any suggestions on what to do? Or should I just plan on patching the skim
coat?

The room is only about 15x15, so maybe dropping the whole ceilding and
drywalling it is an option. I will need to cut some cans in for lighting and
move the ceiling fan.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bernie