Harry K

Default Anyone store firewod in a basement?

dean wrote:
Harry, Nick is right. There is liquid water within wood, and that will
ALL evaporate unless the outside humidity is 100%. The dryer it is
outside, the faster it will evaporate. Once all the liquid part is gone
from within the cells, the vapor part in the wood will form an
equilibrium with the outside air, but that's not a big part of the
water content of wood.

Dean

Much as I dread getting into that back closet I guess I will have to
dig and try to find it. I would not be surprised to find my
recollection of something over 30 years ago is wrong.

Harry K