HeyBub

Default heavy thick butchers cutting board ? Need options

scale wrote:
I have a utiltiy sink in the basement and it is one of those really
old cement dual bowl units. Its awsome.

anyway...my plumbing comes from the ceiling. I bought a new faucet for
the thing that mounts the same way my old one did.

The old brackets that came from the sink broke when i took out the old
faucet.

They were just 2 pieces of threaded rod that came up through the sink
and mounted through the holes (eyelets) on the faucet. I cant find
them at any hardware store. It looks easy enough to make but i thought
rather than do that...i would try to find some 1 to 1.5 inch thick
pieces of that cutting board stuff people use in commerical meat
markets and grocery stores. I could drill this and mount it flush to
the sink...then take another piece and butt joint it vertically and
mount the faucet on that.

Problem is.....where can you get a slab of that stuff?

I thought about using green treated lumber but that seems just plain
stupid. It wouldnt last.

Think 1x2" oak molding + glue + clamp + polyurethane.