Default bathroom lighting dillema

hmmm, I understand your explanation regarding the wires I am just
wondering how I can determine which are for which. Beside the light
switch on the same wall there is also a plug, would this account for
one of the sets of wires as well?

Also, is there any guaranteed way of ensuring the wires stay connected?
By this I mean is there any product out there that will ensure a more
secure conenction between the wires that you are using. THe reason for
my question is that merrets (wire connectors) just seem to be so darn
tempermental. Just when you think you've got the wires secured together
you go and try and tuck them away and one wire pops out.

In the response you gave it seems like I will definitely be connecting
two or more copper wires together, using a bigger wire connector
(merrett) would definitely be the better way to go then eh?

thanks for your help so far.

cheers