George E. Cawthon

Default the lead paint look?

Jason Rogers wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy but I live in an area with many historic properties and I've
seen some new paint jobs where the paint has the appearance of a leaded
paint (hard to describe - a dull metallic sheen, I guess). Is there
anything to this...is there some way to achieve this appearance or is it
purely coincidental?

Huh? Those of us who grew up with lead paint, the
kind that was banned, know that lead paint doesn't
have any distinctive look, and it certainly
doesn't have a metallic sheen. Don't have a clue
what you are talking about. Maybe someone painted
a house with an aluminum or metallic enamel.

Well, on second thought, lead paints tend to be
very opaque and the colors are often bright, but
many other oil paints achieve the same values.