DanG

Default heavy thick butchers cutting board ? Need options

If you really want to go this direction, call around for some
Santana. Should be available from commercial hardware suppliers
who deal with toilet partitions. Here is a sample:
http://www.santanaproducts.com/products.asp

There are other manufacturers and suppliers. You just want a
small piece from a broken or damaged unit. The stuff is
expensive, but it machine easily and well, is virtually
indestructible, and is absolutely unaffected by water.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"scale" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a utiltiy sink in the basement and it is one of those
really old
cement dual bowl units. Its awsome.

anyway...my plumbing comes from the ceiling. I bought a new
faucet for
the thing that mounts the same way my old one did.

The old brackets that came from the sink broke when i took out
the old
faucet.

They were just 2 pieces of threaded rod that came up through the
sink
and mounted through the holes (eyelets) on the faucet. I cant
find them
at any hardware store. It looks easy enough to make but i
thought
rather than do that...i would try to find some 1 to 1.5 inch
thick
pieces of that cutting board stuff people use in commerical meat
markets and grocery stores. I could drill this and mount it
flush to
the sink...then take another piece and butt joint it vertically
and
mount the faucet on that.

Problem is.....where can you get a slab of that stuff?

I thought about using green treated lumber but that seems just
plain
stupid. It wouldnt last.

Any ideas?