DonkeyHody

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Three

C & S wrote:

Does anyone else get the impression that Greg is like the guy who just
bought the V8 Mustang and is expecting Formula 1?

Yep.

I sure hope he never buys anything I build. I'm sure it wouldn't pass
muster. I bet Powermatic is glad he bought Delta.

I bought a reconditioned Unisaw a couple of years ago. Noticed some of
the same imperfections he mentioned. Figured that's part of what I
traded off when I paid approximately half the price of a new
Powermatic. I sure didn't let it take away the enjoyment I get every
time I run a board across it. I have no idea how flat my top is. But
I'm sure it's flatter than any board in my shop. It cuts wood like a
dream. That's what I bought it for.

DonkeyHody
"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom
that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down
on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid
again---and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold
one anymore." - Mark Twain