The Davenport's

Default Machining/Resizing Pipe

regardless of the shape internally , you could machine this part on a
lathe
, with little trouble , the internal taper is a little tricky but not
really

Not sure what an internal taper is, but it's good to hear that it isn't
that difficult.

what is it worth /

It really depends on the success I have -- the instrument I'm making
(an irish whistle) is broken into two parts, the body (which this is a
part of) is relatively simple -- that tapered piece with an 8" length
of tubing with specific sized holes drilled into it. That's the easy
and relatively inexensive part. The harder part, the mouth piece,
has a much more complex shape and requires me to bore out some delrin
and lathe a plug with a windway cut into it.

how many do you need?

I'd prolly try to get 25 or so to start with for my first run.

have you tried getting prices from machine shops?

No, but that's another good idea! Being primarily a progammer, I have
no clue where machine shops are around my area (Delaware), so I may
have to look around.

Thanks once again for the input and advice!

E-mail be an accurate print and I'll give you a quote for them.

Oh...and a way to a hold of you...phone number, by preference.

E-mail to mdavenport(at)iname(dot)com

replace the obvious stuff as needed.

Mike