Rob Morley

Default How can I 'burn' an old fence post out?

In article ,
says...
Come on dothe job properly, do it the right way.

It only takes me 1 hr to remove a post and concrete.

http://www.gb-online.co.uk/gardhand.html

The post will be approx 2ft in the ground, so how can you burn it out.
It will be soaking wet, as the post has rotted. What a mess.
Sodium Chlorate weedkiller has a fire depresant in it, so don't try.
Oxy is too dangerous, and I have not seen a torch with a 2ft extension
nozzle.

Danger is my middle name :-)

Do not use Metapost unless its really really necessary. If you do not
get them straight to start off with you have posts that lean over. Hit
a stone as you drive them in, and they twist. So you have twisted
posts.

Metpost repair spurs slide neatly between the post stump and the
concrete - it would be quite hard to put them in crooked.