Larry Caldwell

Default Waterproofing for work gloves?

In article ,
(Bill) says...
"The Bald Ass Prairie farm" wrote in message

...I use close fitting deerskin gloves $20 that I oil with vegetable
oil...

Thanks! That is a great suggestion. Vegetable oil is inexpensive and will
not contain nasty chemicals. I'll try it...

Try Huberd's Boot Grease (made in Carlton) which is a beeswax and pine
tar compound. Buy good quality Gore-Tex lined leather gloves, put them
on and dip into the Huberds. Work your hands like you are washing them,
paying particular attention to the backs of the gloves, then take them
off and LET THEM DRY at room temperature. It will take at least a
couple of weeks. You will then have a pair of leather work gloves that
will keep your hands warm for several hours. Two pair will do you all
day. Let them dry at room temperature when they get wet, and grease
lightly when they start to dry stiff.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc