Edwin Pawlowski

Default Leaking Copper Joint

"Toller" wrote in message

Wouldn't getting it that hot cause the other joints in the T to melt and
fail?
Last spring I had to replace a broken pipe in a tight crawl space. My new
joints were fine, but then nearby ones fell apart. I screwed with it for
an hour, and just as I was about to give up in disgust, it miraculously
all came together. But I didn't even get it as hot as you suggest.

Depends, it can. If they are made properly, they may melt and just go back
together again. One trick is to keep the other joints cooler by clamping
on vice grips to act as a heat sink or a wet rag.