Greg O

Default Excessive TS motor amperage?

"Toller" wrote in message
I measured the current to the 8.6a motor on my table saw while ripping some
6/4 oak with a combination blade. I figure that is about the heaviest I
ever stress it.
It measured 9.1a.
What should I make of that? Is it normal to go over the rating on heavy
loads? I haven't had any problems; I was just curious what the current
would be.

Completely normal. I know of a couple motors running exhaust fans that
operate 24/7. The motors were slightly undersized for the job. When we left
the job the motors were pulling 1 amp over the name plate rating. That was
four years ago and the motors are still running fine! Your few second
venture into a slight motor overload will not hurt them at all.
Greg