Indu Prakash

Default SV2000 VCR Noise When Not Playing

The model # is SV2000 but there is no brand mentioned. Websearch revealed
that this belongs to Orion brand which possibly is a Philips offshoot. The
noise is similar to the white noise you would see in TV if there was no
signal for the selected channel. If it were a power supply problem then
shouldn't the noise happen as well when I'm playing a tape ?

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message
Indu Prakash wrote:
I have this SV200 VCR which plays fine but continously gives an
intermitten noise signal if nothing is playing (even during forward and
reverse). This happens both from audio/video and RF output and there is
nothing wrong with the TV. Any leads as to where should I start looking ?

Thanks

Depends on what kind of noise you mean, but sounds like it could be a
power supply problem. You didn't mention what brand name or how old but
if it's an older VCR with a linear power supply I'd suspect bad filtering
caps.