RonB

Default I finally got my first (and last, I hope) tablesaw

Be warned. You might get hate-mail from your post. Don't take things like
"I hate you" too personally.

Of course, all good deals depend on the condition of the purchase but many
who lurk here consider the PM66 to be a standard against which most other
mid-range cabinet saws are judged. Powermatic in general has enjoyed a very
good reputation for quality and durability for decades. That is why schools
frequently have these and older Unisaws in their shops - they hold up to
frequent use and abuse. Powermatic, like many others, has fallen into the
merger, outsourcing and imported components routine but they still provide
good stuff. You were not specific about the fence problem but Biesmeier and
other good clones are available.

If your PM-66 is older and in good condition - congratualtions! It might be
a machine well worth some investment. New machines sell for $2,000 and up
depending on accessories. Ebay prices run in the $150 - $1,000 range for
older machines.

If cleanup gets to be burdensome, there are several Wreck lurkers who will
haul it away for you.

RonB