Default I'm drilling a hole...

Lobster wrote:
wrote:
Well, I will be. It's for an external aerial wire. Actually two
aerials, digital terestrial ('Freeview') and FM radio. I think I'll put
it just above ground level so the cable emerges into the cellar.

Any advice? Thanks.

Erm... use a drill to make the hole? What sort of advice are you
looking for?

Whatever; make sure you drill the hole in a slightly upwards direction
from the outside, to stop water running into the house; also, where the
cables run down the outside wall and into the hole, they should run down
*past* the hole for about an inch, do a U-turn and enter the hole from
*below*; this stops water from tracking down the cables and straight
into the hole.

David

I've seen the holes silconed round the entry point to also stop water
coming in.