Default How can I 'burn' an old fence post out?

Its that time of year again and I have just lost 4 fence posts...

I know from bitter experience that they are surrounded in a mass of
concrete, which goes down about 18-24", so this time I wondered if it
was possible to remove the stump (leaving a nice square hole) and
simply insert a new post.

Initially it looked promising, as the 'stump' move slightly, but there
were so much suction that I couldn't get it out.

So my next attempt was to drill loads of holes into it and then try and
break it out.. This kind of worked, but only got me down about 8 inches
before this no longer worked (basically because it was so deep that I
couldn't get any leverage)

So, as a last resort I tried to burn it!.. I tried using petrol and it
just flames, but very little damage appears to be done to the wood.. I
then tryed BBQ lighter fluid and that seemed to work better. However,
the BBQ fluid has run out and I am back to petrol again.

I am now down to about 15" so I am almost there but its getting
frustrating as its taken almost 2 days!

Is there anything I could use to burn/decompose/eat the wood?

This may not help in this case, but certainly the other 3 posts might
benifit from your answers.

Any ideas or suggestions about be appreciated

Jon