uncle k

Default "Faux" sandblasting glass

We bought a unit which has a huge (7' X 9') mirror on the dining room wall.
The unit once had a Great Dane (nice lap dog for a townhouse) living in it,
who apparently liked to attack the image in the mirror. Result: Several
permanent (2'-3' long) scratches in the surface of the mirror, vertical,
with an arcing shape. Fortunately, the scratches are at the ends, not in
the center.

What I'd like to do is hide the scratches among a desert scene - like palm
trees, cactus, whatever - using something which will produce a "sandblasted"
look. I don't know if such a product even exists, but I do remember
something similar... a paint-on concoction which shrivels when it dries, to
look like stained glass, coupled with another concoction, which makes it
look like leaded glass.

The problem is that I don't know where to find such a thing, or even what to
ask for. My best guess is that this might be found at an arts and crafts
type of shop. ??? If I can find the right product, then I'll either need
an artist, or a stencil, but, first things first.

Any ides? TIA,

Unc