Duane Bozarth

Default the lead paint look?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Jason Rogers" wrote in message
Maybe I'm crazy but I live in an area with many historic properties and
I've
seen some new paint jobs where the paint has the appearance of a leaded
paint (hard to describe - a dull metallic sheen, I guess). Is there
anything to this...is there some way to achieve this appearance or is it
purely coincidental?

Leaded paint has not been sold in this country for a number of years now.

Yeah, like about 30 or 40...

I'm sure those historic homes may loaded with it from the past, but it is
not in the past twenty or so years that it was available. Leaded paint was
much nicer to work with though. You could get a high gloss and bright
white.

Really very little difference, if any, in the painting properties at
all....it was simply a pigment choice that was the easiest/cheapest at
the time. The flow and sheen properties were/are nearly independent of
the coloration.

You can _still_ get a high gloss and bright white...just that high gloss
is more expensive to produce and doesn't appear to be as popular these
days...