Greg G.

Default I finally got my first (and last, I hope) tablesaw

the_tool_man said:

Hi all:

I've spent a long time looking for a deal on a tablesaw. Yesterday, I
went to a local school district auction that advertized a "Delta
tablesaw" available. I've gone to a number of these before. Typically
I spend 3-4 hours waiting for the saw to come up, only to watch the
price skyrocket into the $500 - $700 range. But, my alternative
activity was to finish helping my new in-laws move, so I went to the
auction.

What I found when I got there was a Powermatic 66. I got there early

snip

The first order of business is cleaning this thing up, but I can't wait
to put it to use.

Congratulations on your purchase!
Sounds like a bargain to me, even though you gave no indication of
it's age. We never have anything good around here.. unless you want a
well worn (out) cherry picker.

If the motor runs OK, and the mechanicals are all present and intact,
it sounds like a good fence and tune-up would put things in order.

One thing I would like to point out, while you are cleaning out the
saw and inspecting it, is not to use compressed air directly aimed at
the arbor bearings. While these are both sealed bearings, the intense
pressure from an air hose can damage the seals and/or force debris
past the seal into the bearings. JMHO.

Oh, yeah...

YOU SUCK. ;-)

Greg G.