Set Square

Default Can't get hot water from C/H unless heating is on

ITM wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 18:44:54 +0100, "Set Square"
wrote:

There is actually a thermostat on the HW cylinder, and it's connected
to the "Fuel Guardian" box

What is this stat set to? Has it accidentally been turned down or off?

*Is* there a room stat?
If so, when you turn it down, does the pump stop? Does the boiler
also stop?

Yes, there's a room stat. If I turn it down the pump stops, but the
boiler doesn't.

If the room stat is turned right down, and I
switch on both C/H and Hot Water, neither the boiler nor the pump
starts up. The "Boiler" light on the Fuel Guardian does switch on,
though. In any case, I get no hot water.

But what happens if you just switch on CH and *not* HW, with the room stat
turned down? If you can make the boiler fire, you should get gravity hot
water - even if the official HW switch is off!

--
Cheers,
Set Square