none

Default A.C. capacitor source needed...

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:32:00 -0500, "DaveM"
wrote:

"none" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:12:14 GMT, James Sweet
wrote:

McM wrote:
Well.... I like to think that it is a buyers maket.... I would not have
to do a retailers work to buy something..... Itīs not worth my time....
I dont care if something cost $2 more or less... time is money.....
for my company I cost around $20 an hour and and my sparetime is rated
even more.....

So quit bitching about it and call up Grainger, that's what they exist
for.

Don't get me started on Grainger.
They've cut their stock so that I haven't been able to get ANYTHING
from them in at least 4 years.(Ditto for Johnstone as well.)
Being the OP I'm still looking for this particular capacitor.
A simple 10uf 250v A.C. capacitor shouldn't be that difficult to find,
and wouldn't have been 25 years ago.

We're not talking $2 less though, in the case of a motor run capacitor I
needed for my spa pump, try $33 less than the $37 which was the cheapest
I found elsewhere, I can dig through a pdf for a 90+ % saving, you
can't, so don't.

Try this unit from Allied Electronics (www.alliedelec.com):
Catalog # 591-0510
GENERAL ELECTRIC CAPACITOR 97F9002
CAPACITOR, MOTOR RUN, OVAL, 10uf, 6% TOLERANCE, 370 VOLTS
$6.23 Ea.

YES, I know all about that one.(have it on in my stock shelf as a
matter of fact.)
First off it's a big ass aluminum can starter cap for heavy duty AC
motors, won't work for the tiny compressor motor I have,will most
likely either not start the motor or will burn up the windings.
what I need is a small solid state cap.(also works as a condenser
soaking up surges to avoid burning the fine windings out. That big
commercial cap won't do that.)
What I have is a small finish compressor a Senco PC1010 designed for
mini paint guns/air brushes and small air guns, the motor is 3/4
nominal output, 1hp peak.
Hell that GE can is nearly as big as the motor itself and certainly
wouldn't fit in the motor housing.(nor bolt comfortably on the outside
even if it could work.)
It's a simple ass little solid state(electronic) capacitor which 25
years ago could easily be gotten at any electronic supplier.

Here's the problem:
Senco will absolutely NOT sell it direct.(unless I become a Senco
dealer and buy at least 1,000 bucks of their merchandise for stock.)
The nearest authorised parts dealer is four states away and only ships
UPS.
I live in the New Orleans area where UPS is running an Mongolian
cluster **** with an average delivery time of 5 weeks. That is if they
don't lose whatever you're having them ship in the first place.

If I didn't have a problem with the 6.99 that it cost I certainly do
have a problem with the 8 bucks and change it cost to ship it.
All this for a cap that in years gone by when one could actually get
decent service would cost around .99 cents at most.
(oddly enough I scanned through some older parts catalogs I had back
in the warehouse and all listed said cap, and at reasonable prices.
Yet all the up-to-date catalogs from the same jobbers don't list it at
all. No longer a stock item.)

Be aware that Allied has a minimum order value that you may want to consider
before ordering.