Dan

Default Sony TV KV-32XBR95S,horizontal light bands

Thanks for all of your suggestions--will have at it and let you know how I
make out
"Skype_man" wrote in message
.. .
May just be bad solder at the vertical IC. Sky.

"Dan" "shedlows at comcast.net" wrote in message
My sony XBR is quite old (92 vintage) but still love the great picture.
Recently it developed the problem of horizontal bands of light and dark
across the entire screen which only appear in light scenes. If the
picture is dark, there are no bands and the intensity or how visible the
bands are is in direct proportion to how bright the picture is. It
appears that the bands are a distortion in the vertical sync. Thought it
could be a power supply related problem because of the sensitivity to
brightness level. I do have the service manual for the TV. Any
suggestions on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dan