Luds

Default Dynasty 200 DX problems - Melting electrode????

Hello,

I have been unable to figure out problem with Dynasty DX 200 Tig setup.
The tungsten electrode is melting with DCEN with home shop power of
230VAC, but when I move the whole setup to professional metal shop with
208VAC it works great. Why the difference? The guy (tons of experience
with TIG) who runs the metal shop agreed to help me test the setup.

The 230VAC at home shop is connected to circuit panel via about 100
feet of 10 gauge wire. It seems to work better in another part of home
shop with 50amp service for ARC welder. Why would different power
connections make the tungsten electrode melt? It happens within a few
seconds of welding too.

Thanks,

Luds