Martin H. Eastburn

Default What relay for temperature controller?

Read the doc - it says you have to order 1-4 output boards.
One could be mechanical relay another their opto isolated SSR.
Then they have voltage source - (that could do it easily - program the voltage
needed on the output power SSR and forget other output boards)
and ....

Not knowing what your outside SSR needs - likely 5-12v that is for a TRUE - ?
then the voltage source is zero or 7v for off and on. If a new BIG one is needed
and it was a low voltage input - new values could be done...

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Alex wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong:
mechanical relay is already INSIDE controller. I just connect EXTERNAL
SSR to that mechanical relay output.

Alex

Alex wrote:

You mean mechanical relay will be connected directly to Omega
controller and this mechanical relay will drive SSR that actually turn
on/off power to the heating coil?

Thanks,
Alex

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

It looks like you found your solution - I'd do the SSR - from Omega
or another -
and it drives another power module SSR outside of the box. The
outside one is the
high current one that matches the load and voltages needed...

The one inside protects the expensive box.

for the mechanical relays - look at this pdf - they relay contacts
sets for form A and C...
http://relays.tycoelectronics.com/datasheets/134.pdf

And they look like dry contacts - e.g. nothing applied to either.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
@ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot
net
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Alex wrote:

Here is the link, model CN3001:
http://www.omega.com/Temperature/pdf/CN3000.pdf

is this one dry or wet?

Thanks,
Alex

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

Do you have the manual ? or can get a pdf off a web ?

It might mean 2 amp 'electro-motive' relay or else.
You need to find out if it is a dry or wet output - e.g does it
supply voltage
and if so - what voltage. If dry, the contacts are thrown - you
supply supply
and the relay coil and sink. This is often done when the relay is
far away.

Remember surge currents - currents of 10x value can occur when the
windings are
cool.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
@ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated
dot net
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Alex wrote:

A temperature controller I want to buy has a 2A EMR output.
Can anyone explain me what relay I would need?

I am building Heat Treat oven(220V temp. up to 2200F)

Thanks,
Alex

Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!