JS

Default How much to insulate 64 sq metres?

A neighbour's flat has no insulation in the roofspace. Their
lease is for 999 years and so the landlord is not going to put any
insulation in!

My main question to you DIY regulars is:

VERY APPROXIMATELY, HOW MUCH WOULD LOFT INSULATION COST TO COVER
64 SQUARE METRES ?

Payless and B&Q's websites are impossible to use to find the price
of a single roll. And I can't easily work out the true area to be
covered because there are joists (is that what they are called?)
in the loft.

A coupl eof years ago I saw some pink loft insulation which seemed
to be made in such a way that it was a lot "friendlier" (less
problems with skin and repisration as it as softer and more
flexible) than the insulation I saw about 15 years ago.

QUESTION: Does this reflect a new minumum standard for loft
insulation or have the regulations changed and this is the minumum
quality permitted for sale?

QUESTION: Would a top floor flat which is occupied 24 hours and
heated by gas central heated be likely to recover its costs in a
single winter? My neighbour may not stay for two years and
doesn't want to spend time and money of it is not worth their
effort.

Thank you.