Default What if it was a 5 ft deep swimmimg pool? Was Liability: I'm not responsible for your kids!

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 08:45:07 -0700, Abe wrote:

Standing along the bank of a rain-swollen creek, Susan Newkirk
watched as the 2-year-old boy tumbled in and was swept away.
She couldn't swim. Instead of diving into the raging waters
after her friend's son, she yelled to his father for help.
The little boy died.

So, now that we've exhausted the arguing over the original situation,
let's try this.

What if the creek was a 5 foot deep swimming pool?

It just doesn't scan: "..standing along the bank of a rain-swollen
swimming pool...."

How do you stand "along:" something anyway...you stand "at" or "on"
somethign or even "alongside".