SQLit

Default Concrete Saw Blades?

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
SQLit wrote:
"Dave" wrote:

Rented a gas powered concrete saw today and didn't make a whole lot of
progress. In several hours I made a notch about 1.5" deep and eight
feet long. Used a standard 14 inch masonry blade. The guy said a
diamond blade could be rented for an extra $35. Can anyone tell me
whether a diamond blade would cut appreciably faster? Or does a

diamond
blade just have a much longer lifespan?

Gas powered and not a diamond blade? Does not sound right to me.
Does it have a metal blade? If it does are you using water?

My skill saw and a bunch of fiber blades would have done that much.

Diamond blades can help. Some diamond blades are dry, some are wet. I

prefer
the wet. Keeps the blade cooler and helps remove some of the material.

Some concrete is harder than others.

Just had a standard $6 14 inch abrasive masonry blade. I used water
from a garden hose to keep the dust under control.

With a fiber blade your doing ok. I have never seen a gas powered saw
rented with a fiber blade.