Mark and Kim Smith

Default I have a project!

I've got no Ford to put one in!!

Andy wrote:

If you want a nice Ford flathead V8 for that project, give me a shout. I've
got a couple five engines and trannys under a thin layer of sawdust in my
shop.

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message

Got myself an old car. A 1929 Chevy 1.5 ton pickup. Back then, more so
non-Fords than Fords, they built a wood frame and nailed the sheet metal
to it. With Chevy, I guess what ever the best deals they got in bulk
product, they used. Oak, ash, etc. My question is, is there any reason I
would have to go with a hardwood? Any thoughts on using marine grade ply
and gluing up what I need? The main idea here is cost savings. Complete
wood kits are available but cost $2000-3000. Any other suggestions??

Here is what I'm starting with:
http://www.bunchobikes.com/my1929chevy.htm

Here are some shots of someone else's project with a wood kit installed:
http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/pr...phen_1929h.jpg
http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/pr...phen_1929i.jpg
http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/pr...phen_1929j.jpg