jim rozen

Default Update on machinist trainee

In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

There's nothing condescending about my attitude ----- in fact, it's one that
more should assume. We're living in a society that hasn't a clue about
*value*. You don't think so? Explain to me in terms that I can
understand why it is that virtually all of our industries have left for
greener pastures.

Ah, I think Ed has already done that. The reason is that
the labor costs in china are 1/20th that of the US. Basically
it's a free market, and companies want to take advantage of that
1/20th number. This is why GM is now building all of its
engines in china.

The only way that american workers are going to learn a lesson
about "value" is by having all their wages divided by 20.
What this means is that your retirement and SS benefits are now
likewise divided by 20. Once that happens, then you too will
appreciate "value."

Harold, you keep insisting that something needs to be done to
teach workers a lesson - or at least that's what it sounds like.
Vindictive or not, I cannot seem exactly what kind of even
or law will do this. Short of writing letters to all the US
companies, the gist of which would be "you're paying folks
too much," what else could you do?

Jim

please reply to: