BottleBob

Default Your interesting projects???

Randy Replogle wrote:

What projects are you most proud of?

Randy:

I don't know about most proud of, but I thought these were trick
items. I used to work as a machinist/propmaker for the studios for a
short period of time. I worked on a ray gun that lit up when fired for
the series Lois and Clark. I made a 1 1/2 times size golf club for the
Kevin Costner movie "Tin Cup". Made a full size working tank cannon
breech from scratch that you loaded 105 mm shells into (and it retracted
on slides with spring loaded cables and pulleys - simulating being
fired) for the Densel Washington movie "Courage Under Fire". That thing
was made out of wood, steel, aluminum, fiberglas, renshape, and two Ford
truck hood springs. LOL

If you go to Las Vegas and view the cars on display at the "Imperial
Palace" they have a "Hitler Car" with two rear axles. I did a lot of
machining of the engine/trans/and steering mounts, brackets, trim parts,
etc. when the place I worked at copied a "real" Hitler car and made 4
copies.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob