Bruce L. Bergman

Default New machine in development(can I borrow a few hundred grand?)

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 09:44:39 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:30:06 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:
"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message

Is it true that there is only one real manufacturer of this kind of
machine in the whole USofA?

True! One in Italy, two in Germany and one in Belgium. The European
machines are not robust and are persnickety and expensive to run. The
American company once dropped a machine 3 feet off a truck in South America,
they plugged it in and it ran...the guys WERE sweating bullets. Good ****
Maynard!!!

The Italian machines look like they were designed by German engineers on
LSD.

ALL Italian machines look like that.

I have to do maintenance at a high-end store (which shall remain
nameless - they have Lawyers) designed and built by Italians - they
built the fixtures in Italy, and sent the tradesmen over to do the
install work. I'm forced to re-engineer everything as I go - It looks
simply lovely, but they didn't plan for any maintenance access at ALL
to the stupid lamps.

I have to cut holes in walls and place access doors, install new
access catwalks and ladders inside the walls, pry open service doors
that were installed but screwed shut from the inside, split circuits
where supposedly 'removable' fluorescent light panels were strung
together with hardwired BX or SO Cord and made non-removable...

One side panel with 6) F21T5 strip fixtures needs 3" clearance to
swing over and slide out, and it's 1" away from a 16" structural
I-beam - I have no idea how I'm going to get it out short of major
destruction. I can shave the fireproofing compound off the beam and
probably get the clearance I need, but that creates other problems...

Love Em, but these are the people who think $8,000 to totally tear
apart the car just to change the clutch is perfectly normal.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545