mm

Default Misaligned Threshold Locking Pin in French Doors

On 12 Nov 2005 09:06:08 -0800, "tacker" wrote:

Thanks. That sounds like an idea worth attempting. Little to lose.

Are you talking about those two-part epoxy putties that you massage
together to blend, then place where needed?

To my ear, "massage" sounds insufficient. At least for PC-70, the
weaker epoxies in the syringe, and others I've used, I fold one part
into the other part over and over and over again. From different
angles, etc. 20 times maybe. In the middle of this I swirl it all, in
each direction, all to get a good mix.

Just making sure the color is uniform doesn't seem sufficient to me,
because I think our eyes average out the color and it doesn't mean it
is mixed at the small level. (Like one doesn't see the individual
red, green, or blue dots on a tv screen or in the funny papers, even
though they are there.)

And when I haven't done this as well as I describe, at least twice it
didn't harden as quickly as normal. Maybe it never hardened. The
second time this happened, I kept the remaining mixture for a couple
days and it never got very hard.

Understand totally about not leaving the pin extended while curing.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.