Grant Erwin

Default Fastenal VS Grainger

Yes, I've called Ridgid and googled extensively .. they were the ones who
suggested Krylon Chevy Orange. For some time now I've been scrounging Ridgid
drophead threaders and refurbishing them to resell, here's an example which I
painted with the Chevy orange:

http://www.tinyisland.com/images/temp/12R.jpg

I know a lot about Ridgid drophead dies now, sort of useless knowledge but I do
know that at least right now there are sure a lot of guys who look for these on
ebay.

GWE

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:13:38 -0800, Grant Erwin

Having a hard time locating something? Post it here and let me see
if I can help you!

Sure. How about a can of paint in Ridgid red-orange, or a reasonable facsimile?
Grainger carries paint almost that color, but it's marking paint, gotta hold the
can upside down and who knows if it sticks to metal? Best I can do colorwise is
Krylon Chevy Orange engine enamel, and it isn't that close, and I already own
way too many tools to go investing in spray guns ..

Stupid question: Have you asked Ridgid if they sell it in spray
cans? I found nothing on their website, you'll have to ask.

Several companies that I've dealt with have their "special" paint
color custom-bottled in spray cans for them by their paint suppliers
for touch-up use, and you can either buy it off the shelf or order it
through any product supplier. As example, the special tan-orange
(old) and off-white (new) colors of Wiremold surface raceway.

For a dozen ****-cans to an end user, no paint company will bother
with a custom color. For a few hundred cases a year to the
manufacturer and the promise of regular reorders, yeah, they'll set up
one or two production runs a year. As long as you supply them with
label artwork or paper labels for the cans. Printed cans are extra.

Worst case: You get the paint color recipe from Ridgid or have a
paint shop use a chromatograph on a new tool and duplicate it, and go
buy a cheap touch-up gun at Harbor Fright.

-- Bruce --