Bruce L. Bergman

Default Fastenal VS Grainger

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 04:13:38 -0800, Grant Erwin

Having a hard time locating something? Post it here and let me see
if I can help you!

Sure. How about a can of paint in Ridgid red-orange, or a reasonable facsimile?
Grainger carries paint almost that color, but it's marking paint, gotta hold the
can upside down and who knows if it sticks to metal? Best I can do colorwise is
Krylon Chevy Orange engine enamel, and it isn't that close, and I already own
way too many tools to go investing in spray guns ..

Stupid question: Have you asked Ridgid if they sell it in spray
cans? I found nothing on their website, you'll have to ask.

Several companies that I've dealt with have their "special" paint
color custom-bottled in spray cans for them by their paint suppliers
for touch-up use, and you can either buy it off the shelf or order it
through any product supplier. As example, the special tan-orange
(old) and off-white (new) colors of Wiremold surface raceway.

For a dozen ****-cans to an end user, no paint company will bother
with a custom color. For a few hundred cases a year to the
manufacturer and the promise of regular reorders, yeah, they'll set up
one or two production runs a year. As long as you supply them with
label artwork or paper labels for the cans. Printed cans are extra.

Worst case: You get the paint color recipe from Ridgid or have a
paint shop use a chromatograph on a new tool and duplicate it, and go
buy a cheap touch-up gun at Harbor Fright.

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545