derek *

Default Portable Generator, Advice on which one to buy

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:42:11 +0000 (UTC), "Cal Mac"
wrote:

Hi All
I'm going to purchace a portable Genny for general use and power cuts,
and want one that can cope with power tools like a drill, 4" grinder
etc, for a reasonable price...Is a 4 stroke better than a 2 stroke and
are makes like Nutool & Norstrom any good? How much will i have to pay
for a reliable product?.

More than the 65 quid that MAKRO were offering one at a fortnight ago.

The low end ones ones are intended to be used just a few hours a year.
One I came across (in the USA) had a service life of only 500 hours.

DG