Bob Minchin

Default Washing Machines - what make ?

JimM wrote:

I know this may be an 'each to their own' type question, but is there any
particular makes of washing machine that are generally accepted as being
better than others. (When I say better I mean more reliable)

Cheers

Jim

--
Remove BRAIN before replying

I have had personal experience to two Siemens machines that have been totally
trouble free. One must be over 10 years old and based on that I bought one
about 3 years ago for myself.
Prior to that I had had Creda for 18 years and a s/h indesit for about 7
both of which needed odd jobs doing but nothing serious.
I do my own repairs so don't mind a little effort every now and then. If I
were paying for call out of the repair man, I might have felt less
sympathetic to the repair needs.
I do note that Siemens spares seem to be a little dearer and maybe they are a
bit more difficult to get.
Many people swear by Miele but the original prices are high and I suspect
spares dear too.

If you get the opportunity to look inside, I'd suggest a machine with a metal
outer tub (stainless steel ideally) would have a better chance of changing
bearings rather than a plastic moulding.

I expect our resisdent, helpful ex repair man would have the best view on
reliability/ease/cost of maintenance.

Bob