Dixon

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:59:07 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Oh yeah, and one more thing that fuels my rage, sorta proves my point:
THE FUKN LINES AT HD!!!!
And the concommitant REFUSAL of HD management to DO anything about
it!!!!
ito of adequate checkout peeple.

Actually, up here they have had self-checkout for years, you whip right
through,
it's one of the few good things about that store.

Hey Grant,

Don't know where "up here" is, but we have the self-checkout's at a
couple of the local big hardware places too. It begs the question in
my mind....
If the un-scrupulous person in Harold's original post had used one of
these self-serve lanes, and scanned only what the clerk did, would
that have been shop-lifting? And if so, what if he had instead handed
the "pre-assembled" items to his wife or son or brother or friend, and
had them scan-out, while he "went-to-get-the-car"? They might have
done the same as the clerk, and would it be shop-lifting then?
Oh Harold, the moral dillema dilemma you've put us in!

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

My wife is from Newfoundland and I can't believe the difference between the
US and Canada. We had her family down visiting for a week awhile back. I
took them to a novelty type store and while we were in the back of the store
I noticed her uncle putting many items in his winter jacket pockets. I was
kinda bug-eyed at his blatant "shoplifting". When we got to the checkout, he
calmly took each item out of his pockets and placed them on the counter and
paid for them. It never ever occured to him that putting things deep in your
pockets in a store just doesn't send the right message here.

Dixon